The hidden for most common decorative shelves brackets are part of a design floating shelves, wherein the support is hidden in the hollow base of the shelf. However, if you have floating shelves available, you can invest the concept to build a neat support for any rack.
- Measure the length and thickness of decorative shelf brackets.
- Cut three wooden boards to a length equal to your shelf plus 2 inches (5.08 cm) – For example, a 30-inch rack (76, 2 cm) would require that the boards are cut to 32 inches (81, 28 cm).
- Cut two other tables for a long equivalent to the thickness of your shelf. A rack of 1 inch (2.54 cm) needs tables 1 inch (2.54 cm).
- Tables accommodate two short and two long as a rectangular frame. The edges of 2 inches (5.08 cm) short boards must be joined with the faces of 2 inches (5.08 cm) of the long boards.
- Cut the last board to a width that is equivalent to the total width of the frame you’ve built. That table mounted on the back frame using wood glue and wood screws 6 1 1/2 inches (3.81 cm) evenly spaced along the long boards.
- Sanding all sides of the backing. If desired, painted or stained to match or complement the decorative shelf brackets.