A broom closet in the kitchen is a convenient place to store cleaning supplies and other items you do not want your guests to see place. The broom closet not be very big, but lets you keep cleaning supplies away from food and dishes.
- Determines the location of the broom closet in the kitchen easier in a corner of the room. If you choose a narrow closet can choose a cabinet door instead of a traditional door.
- Build your under cabinet walls using rods 2 x 4. You will construct a framework for the side wall and frame for the front of the cabinet.
- Nails frame on the floor and ceiling joists and wall studs, which wish to install. Cuts outside the framework of the bottom door.
- Hang the panel on the inside and the outside of the cabinet, using screws. Caulks seam drywall and screw holes. Wait until the putty dries, sand the putty gently, and then painting the walls.
- Install the system shelves. Leave enough space to store the broom closet and other cleaning vertical space.
- Remove the door frame by removing the hinge screws. Placed under the closet door in the hole that frames the door in the wall and nail it in place.