Room darkening shades are named for the possibility offered to obscure quarters of people who work at night and glide to block light and to sleep during the day. For this reason, the sliding curtains should have several decks of heavy fabric, which should vary in thickness and weight considering the amount of light you want to block and the available budget.
Instructions of make room darkening shades
- Measure the vertical and horizontal distance you want to cover with room darkening shades, at least one 30.5 cm of extra each side and ceiling and floor.
- Fold the bottom of the outer fabric 6.5 cm behind itself so that the bent portion shows the opposite side of the fabric.
- Set the iron temperature to the fabric and iron hems. Use slow, steady pressure to the edge of the fabric look good along the hem.
- Fix the outer fabric to the opposite side faces up. Place the inner fabric over it with the opposite side down, so the sides are opposite one another and the right side is facing out.
- Fold the top edge of both fabrics 7.5 cm. Attach them with pins along the fold; keep them close to the original and away from the new tip of the fabric edge.