Creating a replica DIY starburst mirror is an easy way to transform a cheap small round mirror into something more dramatic. The use of wooden dowels, spray paint, hot glue and a round mirror that can create the appearance of a high-end mirror works well with most decorating styles and is an excellent way to fill an empty wall.
How to mirror Starburst:
- Remove any stickers or labels on wooden pegs or mirror.
- Using the ruler and scissors cutting 8 pin to be 15 inches long. Evenly space around the pegs on the back of the starburst mirror so that the ends of the pins touch in the center.
- Next cut 8 pin to be 8 inches long and place these spikes among the longest ears. Glue these pins to the back of the starburst mirror.
- Continue to fill the back of the starburst mirror with more cut wooden blocks either 10 inches or 12 inches long and place evenly around the back of the mirror.
- Flip the starburst mirror and cover section Mirror Mirror with masking tape to protect it from getting covered in paint. Make sure the tape carefully around the mirror.