Couch cushions – Pillows are commonly neglected in the cleaning department. However, they are a magnet for dirt, animal hair and liquid spills. The reason most pads are not cleaned regularly is due to the fact that many people are not sure how to clean them. These tips will help you have your couch cushions looking good and smelling like new.
Keeping your clean and new pads
1. Use the attachment on your vacuum cleaner to remove dirt and debris.
2. Spend a roll strip down the cushions to remove any excess by animals.
3. Use a steam cleaner to wash the pads. You can rent one in specialized locations. Connect a fan toward the pads to speed up the drying process.
4. Remove the covers of couch cushions if you do not have a steam cleaning machine, and wash them in your washing machine in a single wash cycle.
5. Wash the foam pads one at a time in the washing machine in a single cycle. If they do not fit on your machine, wash them in a bowl. Use soap or vinegar.
6. Dry throw in a dryer or put them outside on a sunny day. Make sure they are completely dry before replacing the covers.