Tapestry fabric creates a visual effect of a very large mural or paint wall tapestry but with the convenience and portability of a blanket. The making of carpets can be as complex as hours of meticulous or as simple as painting canvas embroidery. You can make your own basic tapestry painted in the colors and designs you want to renovate a wall tapestry of any size in your home or business.
- Draw the design wall tapestry on paper wallpaper with a single line (no shading), or print from a computer image. Adjust the image so that it has the same shape as the sheet of muslin you will use for your wallpaper.
- Trace the outline of the image projected onto the muslin with chalk image.
- Place muslin on the floor and hold it with tape again.
- Paint the sheet. For best results, start with the background color and then paint wall tapestry the foreground image. Do not let any part of the tapestry unpainted so that the fabric has a consistent edge.
- When the paint wall tapestry is dry, remove the tape from the fabric. Fold the edges that were covered by tape and plan halos on board.