Does your cat wants a nice house and tree exercise but do not want to get a job to buy one? Well, there are ways to get everything you need for free. If you’re willing to do some research on the internet, in your attic and around the neighborhood you can find all the items needed to build the kind of cat furniture.
- Internet searches using the phrase “free plans for cat furniture“. Most require a combination of plywood, cardboard tubes, pallet and carpet, but everything can be reached free.
- Visit a carpet shop. Ask if you have leftover parts, cardboard tubes or discontinued samples.
- Visit construction sites and ask if they have leftover wood. Most of the pieces you need for a cat furniture house will be smaller than 2 feet (60.96 cm) long, the constructions usually seen as leftovers. They may also have from 1 X 1 (30.48 X 30.48 cm) or 2 X 4 (60.96 X 121.92 cm).
- Visit large departmental stores, tools and food and ask the manager if they pallet. Most of the time are made of oak and is a good way to get good quality wood that otherwise would be ignored.
- You might have tools and leftovers that you can use or borrow. It’s your best choice to find free rope for scratching post.